Wednesday, February 18, 2009

U2 members against Bonos political campaigning and charity work


U2 members against Bonos political campaigning and charity work


February 18th, 2009 - 5:29 pm


Melbourne, Feb 18 (ANI): U2 vocalist Bono has revealed that his band members fear that his political campaigning and charity work might dissolve the Irish group.

The 48-year-old singer admitted that his band members guitarist The Edge, bass player Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. are against his political and charity work.

It’’s dangerous. And it worries Larry, and it worries the whole band, if truth be told, The Herald Sun quoted him as saying.

But, you know, here’’s the thing - they thought, all of them, Larry, Edge, Adam, that my campaigning would sink the ship,” he added.

The band was particularly against their frontman meeting former US President George W. Bush.

“Edge pleaded with me right at the start not to meet Bush,” said Bono.

However, The Get On Your Boots singer insists that he is giving his 100pct to the band.

“When I”m with U2 doing U2 work, they have me 100 per cent or we would not be here now, he said.

I give my time to my family, my band and my interest in the wide world. It all seems to be fuel for me. My engine seems to be working better these days,” he added. (ANI)