Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Amagama is no more: Prophecy2day ended abruptly!


This was my last published post (though I posted yesterday):


Prophecy2day
The Three Angels’ Messages - Revelation 14 1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in ...
1 week ago


When I went to check why my latest post hadn't updated, I found this notice:

Amagama is no more

Dear Amagama user
After much consideration and consultation, we decided to close Amagama. The platform had very few active users, and we did not believe that it would be worthwhile trying to save it from its technical problems.

Amagama’s biggest challenge was spam blogs. These spam blogs - or “splogs” - created thousands of accounts and put too much pressure on the system to keep it running efficiently. (And sometimes impossible to keep it running at all.) As a result, Amagama suffered from poor performance over its lifespan, which made it unattractive to users.

On a personal note, I am truly sorry that we have had to take this difficult decision. Amagama has a long history in the South African blogisphere, and this closure marks the end of that history.


Amagama closed on Wednesday, 20 May 2009.
Kind regards

Jason Norwood-Young

Technical Manager

M&G Online




453



This implies that my blog Prophecy2Day (arsenio.amagama.com) no longer exists.

Sorry, South Africaans!

Thanks! J, etc!

.

.