Friday, December 03, 2010

"Firewood $50 includes delivery"


You've heard the cliche, "Things are rough all over"; And possibly, "It's a jungle out there". However, I believe that at present conditions are worse than many people think. We've been told that the economy is recovering, and at the same time told that it's a jobless recovery; What I saw this afternoon demonstrates that the situation is more dire that tenured politicians and the media may tell us.

As I ran some errands today, my attention was drawn by a sign on a pick-up truck that was parked with the bed facing traffic; The truck bed was full of chopped wood, and there was a hand written sign propped up over the wood that read: "Firewood $50 includes delivery"; As I considered this scene, I noticed there was a man in the driver seat of the truck looking at me with a desperate expression on his face. This scene impressed me deeply; It actually gave me a chill. I put myself in that man's place, and I wondered whether he was trying to sell his wood so that he could buy some food with it. This solemn sight reminds me that the current economic conditions are not as rosy as the powers that be paint it to be. While politicians are busy legislating more taxes, more rules, creating more bureaucracy, while living comfortable lives at the cost of taxpayers, many in this land are wondering where their next meal is coming from. Don't believe the hype!

"THERE BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD GO I".


"Firewood $50 includes delivery"-----NOTE: This is a scene in FLORIDA.

.

No comments: