Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beware of Strange Email sent to you!

Notice: Someone has hacked my MSN Email Account, and has sent out a number of Emails. I don't know who or why this was done; However, I recommend that nobody opens any links or downloads files contained in any of these mysterious Emails. Again, I did not by any means generate and send these messages. There is no equivocation in this matter, I don't know how this happened. (Perhaps, this was intended to intimidate?) The messages were supposedly sent at 2:31 AM this morning WED 06/22/2011; I was not awake at that hour.


Very IMPORTANT

If you receive an Email from me that fits this description, do not open any links or files...Very IMPORTANT. Even I received one of these messages, and my security anti-virus software advise (stopped me from opening) me of the danger of the links included in the strange Email. I don't know what the reason was for this breach of my Email account, but, I have taken measures to ensure that this doesn't occur again.

Please accept my apology in advance for any inconvenience this may cause anyone.


Below is a facsimile of the addresses to which the bogus Emails were sent to:


sierva-de-dios44; tadesea2005; wendynu22; ypadilla23

(No Subject)‏

2:31 AM

orlandom101; queenselassie@; eternalgospel; reneaspeklein; nduluspeaks; no-reply@nireblog.com

Re: +‏

2:31 AM


perrinechipi; jennifer55j; jonatanlazaro2506; joralagos; jvcamino; jbatcha@; kaywhydee@

Re: Aloha State,‏

2:30 AM


primo_jitano; ajafeja; wendynu22; gomezg; gospel_ministries_international; haydeehuerta08


Re: y‏

2:30 AM

ajgm31; jayr0327; aaalembertjr; aalembertjr; ortizaurelio38; weekly-spin; sandylucashale

(No Subject)‏

2:30 AM


colegadecristo; aalembertjr; uzias; alfemo52; laverdadpresente4; toniagodwin; ajafeja


(No Subject)

NOTE: I OMITTED THE LATTER PART OF THE EMAIL ADDRESSES ABOVE TO PROTECT PRIVACY.

Arsenio.
.

2 comments:

LVB said...

Arsenio,

This is most likely a "worm" virus, which was either on your home pc (in which case you need to install and scan malwarebytes and/or AVG or whatever av product you have to deal with it there locally), or it may now have infected the account on drive space where your msn account is hosted (in which case, there's not much you can do to kill it, they will catch it eventually on their end, but it's no fault of your own.)

I've heard of many people having this same problem recently, and it affects gmail, aol, hotmail and msn accounts.

Just keep a sharp eye on your own computers, and make sure they are all scanned and kept up to date on antivirus definition files and all of the Windows updates, which often address these security related exploits (malware of various types) - that is, assuming you are using Windows.

Hang in there and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Arsenio A. Lembert Jr. said...

Thanks for the concern and the suggestions. Your observations are very helpful.

If it were not for the up to date Safety Software on my computer I would have fallen for the intended trap. Thank God for Anti-Virus features.

I'm sure it was just one of those things...

Everyday you hear about the CIA, Citicorp, or the Social Security Administration website being hacked or compromised; Then it happens to you.

A.

Keep your eye on the prize!