Sunday, August 11, 2013

Can't Hold Us - Walla Walla U






Can't Hold Us - Walla Walla U 




Logan Villarreal



Published on Jun 20, 2013


Download the song here: soundcloud.com/kwemusic/cant-hold-us

Created by students who love Walla Walla University. So many people were a part of making this video, and it would not have been possible without your support and spirit. Thank you all! Starring Kevin Ellis, Julian Weller, Grant Perdew, and Alivia Nye. Directed and edited by Logan Villarreal with support from Ricky Barbosa, Grant Perdew, Elliott Berger, Eric Weber, and Blake Englehart. Sound design by Kevin Villarreal, Daniel Rafuse, and Logan Villarreal, with hefty credits going to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis for a great song.

Awesomeness by students of WWU! Thanks for showing up and being a part of the fun.

Check out more of Kevin's excellent rapping at his Sound Cloud! soundcloud.com/kwemusic or check out his Twitter @kwemusic

Shot on 5D Mk III and edited with Sony Vegas.

Lyrics:
Return of the Wolf, get up!
What it is, what it does, what it is, what it isn't.
Looking at the many ways to get an education
'Stead of getting on the Internet and checking out who hit us

Get up! Express, straight crosswalking, little bit of Bible, little bit of knocking
Somewhere between McVay and Rusty. We're in a church, nope, y'all can't copy
Yup. Man, past hand holding, this here, it's our party, my posse's going full body,
And we'll do it, our way.
I pour my heart and soul into everything I record
So, getting it in your ears is its very own reward
Let that stage light deviate from me and shine upon Christ,
The one way, the one truth and the one source of life.
For real, stay on my grind like I ride a compact longboard above ground,
Lend out a helping hand and represent for my town
Trust me. On my A-D-V-E-N-T-I-S-T, no meddling
Chasing dreams since I was a freshman, pedaling,
trying to be a gentlemen
but pardon me, I think I see a bonnie bride, beckoning.
We have heart here,
No, they can't tell us nothing.
Sweet produce we praduce
dope student led functions
Layering the beat,
Like Walla Walla sweet onions.
Sweet produce, we praduce legit
grads, no Funions
Chorus:
Can we go back, living these moments?
Tonight is the night, shine a light till it's over
So we put our hands up, like the Valley can't hold us
Like the Valley can't hold us
Now, can I dish it? Thank you. Life's a potluck plateful.
I grew up, reading lots of gold fonts
But that's what you get when Egg White raised you
Debbies dissin', living for a cause like Whitman on a mission
My spirits are elevated so much so that they exceed the price of tuition//
Now. It's about that time to move out, so I gotta pack my bags
Paddy, make you a believer. Wherever I go I'll be waving our flag.
No I'll never bow down to a throne.
I got fire in me like Rach, Shach, Benny, and I
went and wrote a song and it goes like:
Don't look South -- look up, look out
We came here to live life and study what it's about
I got my campus right behind me
If I fail, they got me.
Constantly grind like the Atlas, keep it cool like iced coffee.



...

No comments: